Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Buachall
, I am separated almost two years. The family

Customer Question

Hi there Buachall
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am separated almost two years. The family home has been sold and the proceeds used to pay off the existing mortgage. The barristers and solicitors took their monies from the same proceeds and now they are reluctant to finish out the work outlined in the Separation Agreement
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 10 months ago.

1. What is the issue or question you want answered?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well, there are several items in the agreement that have not been discharged. Along with that, two documents I never received were Family Home Declaration and Mutual Deeds of Waiver. Nor did I receive any receipts for the clearing of the mortgage etc?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There were also two bank loans my ex had taken out that I foolishly agreed to pay off from the same proceeds but these two loans have not been discharged either and the monies are residing in her solicitors client account
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello hello...anybody home?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Now I am seeking to buy a new house for myself but wonder about the repercussions?

2. The repurcussions of what? What is the question you want answered?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A. Not having a Deeds of Waiver or a Family Home Declaration.
B. Items in the Separation Agreement that have not been dealt with...as detailed above
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I feel I am talking to a machine. This is a waste of my time. Can I have my $18 dollars back please?

3. I still don't understand your question. You started off stating that lawyers weren't interested in completing work on a Separation Agreement. Now you are asking about items you should have got off your own solicitors.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is a complete waste of time. Please return my $18....thank you