Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My husband currently has a protection order against me and

Customer Question

My husband currently has a protection order against me and summons for safety and barring order pending. (all based on lies) he wants to sleep with me in the meantime. Would this proved that he is not afraid of me
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear Fiona, if your husband wants to sleep with you and takes active steps towards that end, then it makes any application for a Safety or Barring order a nonsense. Essentially, the idea behind a Safety or Barring order is that the person is put in fear of their person because of the actions of the person against whom they are claiming the order. It is totally against this protection idea that the person seeking protection is sleeping with, or seeking to sleep with the person against whom they are seeking protection.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Showing that your husband has slept with your or has sought to sleep with you is good proof that a Safety or Barring order is not required. It is contrary to the idea of needing protection that a person would also sleep with the person against whom they are seeking the court's protection. A court would not give a Safety or Barring order in those circumstances.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question so there is no incentive to answer any further Questions.