Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

To the best of my knowledge, an affidavit should state the

Customer Question

Customer: To the best of my knowledge, an affidavit should state the deponent's occupation and place of abode. Is it OK for a deponent to state a place of business instead of a place of abode if the deponent is the managing director of a company that is being sued?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The place of abode in the affidavit is a business address (Industrial Estate) of a company and not a residential address of the deponent.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In Ireland, the Circuit Court Rules, Order:25 Rule 3 of SI 510/2001 states that - "All Affidavits shall state the deponent's occupation and place of residence..."
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, Rules of the Superior Courts, Order 40 Rule 9 states that - "Every affidavit shall state the description and true place of abode of the deponent;...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still waiting for an answer to my question.
Expert:  Ronan replied 10 months ago.

As you are signing in your capacity as a company Director on behalf of the Company. It is appropriate to use the Company registered office or place of business. You are not signing in a personal capacity but rather as an officer of the company

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But what if it is clearly stated in the Court rules in Ireland, for instance, the Circuit Court Rules, Order:25 Rule 3 of SI 510/2001 states that - "All Affidavits shall state the deponent's occupation and place of residence