Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

My name is ***** *****
, My wife has entered ireland on

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My wife has entered ireland on a stamp 2 as a student. I am now applying for a stamp 4 based on my british passport. ( she is from botswana) However her visa has run out and effectivly in country without a valid visa. How will the authorities view her application for stamp 4
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  cmcsolicitor replied 10 months ago.

Hello there,

I am a solicitor and I will answer your question.

If you are living and in Ireland and working here (or studying, or living on your pension or, in some limited circumstances, temporarily unemployed), then you can apply in form EU1 for permission for your wife to live and work in Ireland. As an EU citizen who has crossed a European border to exercise your freedom of movement right to work in another European country, your wife will be granted permission to reside and work ("Stamp 4"). This will not be affected by the fact that she has become undocumented in the state.

You will find form EU1 on the inis.gov.ie website.

I would be grateful for your positive rating so that I will be paid for taking the time to answer your question.

regards,

Claire McCarthy