Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Padraig is my name and i was wondering how it would tale to

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Padraig is my name and i was wondering how long it would tale to receive a summary summons if a bank had started the procedure
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I had an issue with a bank regarding an old business debt that i had guaranteed (along with other partners) but i found a letter in an old address that they were proceeding to chase it dated back in october but i have not received the summons, how long does it take to be obtained by the bank if they had applied for it in october?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Republic of Ireland Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i can and no issue waiting
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 10 months ago.

It would not take long for the Summons to issue but it then must be served on you. THey have a period of up to a year to serve it on you. After that they must make an application to the Courts to renew the summons before serving it on you. If the debt is quite old, they may be statute barred at this point. Can you advise as to when the last payment was made on it or when it was last acknowledged?

7

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is 6 years since november 30th 15 .. so they would have to had applied for the summons before this date, i am anxious to see if they did as i did not get any letters or no one called to serve it
Expert:  Ronan replied 10 months ago.

You can attend your local court office to see if you are a party to any such proceedings. If they haven't issued it before that date they are statute barred

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also it was a joined and severed load but the payments were split up into three payments, does it mean even though its 6 years since i made the payment the statute of limitations wont apply if one of my ex partners made any payment during this time or are we all treated separately?
Expert:  Ronan replied 10 months ago.

If anyone makes any payment on the debt, the statue begins to run against all parties again from that date