Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have a farm with a section of boundary within moorland

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is***** have a farm with a section of boundary within moorland that is placed midpoint in a river. On my side of the river a pool has been excavated providing intake for a hydro scheme. This was subject to a lease to an ESB subsidiary in approx 2000.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My neighbour has subsequently claimed the intake is on his land and has negotiated an annual payment with the present leaseholders
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Republic of Ireland Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: certainly. The farm was purchased last year. The standard enquiry about boundary disputes returned a negative from the sellers. The lease has vbeen in existance since 2000 and I believe the payment to the neighbour has only been paid the last two years
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 months ago.

1. Dear Iain, can you better explain the situation. Where is your neighbour's land? Is it on the other side of the river? Where is the hydro electric scheme located on the river? Do you currently hold the lease on the hydro scheme to the ESB? How is your neighbour claiming lease/rental monies on the hydro scheme? Does the hydro intake take water from both sides of the river?

2. Please RATE the Answer