Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

MY NAME IS ***** ***** FERRY its regarding a mortage i have

Customer Question

Customer: HI MY NAME IS ***** ***** FERRY its regarding a mortage i have on my home ,i have just discovered that the deeds for my home are wrong the plot of land is in the wrong location and am living there since 1972
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: on the map it was showing a post office and the road beside it was where my plot of land was whoever marked the plot of land there used to be an old post office years ago about a mile away with a similar road and that is what is on my Deed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Republic of Ireland Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: why is payment in dollars if you are suppose to be in DUBLIN
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my email address ***@******.***
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****ph, you can apply to the Land Registry for rectification of the title deeds so that your land is in the correct position and not as currently marked on your deeds. This is a form of application whereby mistakes are rectified and the correct information placed in the land Registry. However, you will need a solicitor to make the application for you, because solicitors have a monopoly on conveyancing in Ireland and in dealing with the land Registry. The solicitor can hire a surveyor who can survey the land and correct any inaccuracies.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. In this way, the current and wrong deeds can be corrected and you can ensure you have title to the correct piece of property. Be aware that it will take time - up to 12 months for this to occur. This is because the Land Registry will have to satisfy themselves that the new details are correct. So I would advise you to move on it immediately if you want the problem solved without delay.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert will receive none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.