Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Myself and two of my siblings were left the family home,One

Customer Question

myself and two of my siblings were left the family home,One wants to sell the home while one has a sentimental attachment to the house does not want to sell and is also executor of the will. attachment to the house,The other sibling also wants to sell.The forth and youngest sibling was given exclusive right of residence for his lifetime,but was not given a share of the home,Question, does majority rule in deciding to sell the homeYoungest sibling is not living in house and probate was completed 4 years ago.What are the rights of sibling wanting to sell.What are rights of sibling holding exclusive right of resident for his lifetime..Thanks
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  retireddebra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that the sibling that was given a life interest to the house does not want to live in the house?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As mentioned the youngest sibling was given "exclusive right of residence for his life time".However he has been married for about 10 years has 2 kids and lives with his wife in a home she owns. I'm uncertain as to whether or not he has legal right of 50% share in his wife's home, where he presently resides..He has expressed no interest in ever living in the family home!!! The home is located in County Louth. Thanks..

Oh dear. I just googled where that is and it appears that you are in Ireland.

This question is on the Canada law list. I will ask that site to move it to the correct list.