Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I want to buy a house on my own but am currently married and

Customer Question

Hi
I want to buy a house on my own but am currently married and dont want my husband on mortgage .Is there anyway around this ?
Jenny
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****ny, so long as you can satisfy the repayment payments, you can get a mortgage on your own. There is no need to involve your husband. In law, a husband and wife are separate people so far as the law is concerned. You have no liability for your husband's debts and he has no liability for your debts either. Accordingly, you can get a mortgage without his involvement. If there is some other issue, I will be happy to help further.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert receives none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.