Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Anyone there?
, parking in common area years and have

Customer Question

Customer: anyone there?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: parking in common area for 12 years and have been told I have no right. Am I entitled to adverse possession?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Republic of Ireland Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. I regret to say that in order to obtain adverse possession to your parking space you would have had to fence it off and not have allowed anyone on it for the last 12 years. This is because to obtain adverse possession you must have exclusive possession of the area you are claiming. Merely parking your car on it occasionally does not give the exclusive possession necessary for adverse possession. Be aware that if you park on this spot for 30 years, you will obtain an easement to the parking space. This allows you to continue using the space as a parking space without interruption thereafter. However, 12 years isn't sufficient to give you an easement yet.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert receives none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.