Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I should appreciate your advice on the following. Can you

Customer Question

I should appreciate your advice on the following. Can you please give me an idea of what a couple could expect to pay a solicitor to make power of attorney arrangements? A local firm is quoting around €2,500 inc. vat, while a firm online seems to be able to do it for less than a third of that sum.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

It depends it is simply a power of attorney or an enduring power of attorney. If it an enduring power of attorney then the quote given is about right I would think. If it is simply a power of attorney then it would seem excessive and should be €750 to €1,000.00. It may be the case that the quote on line wasn't clear on what you wanted