Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Ronan i am in big trouble, drink driving i was found asleep

Customer Question

hi ronan i am in big trouble, drink driving i was found asleep at the wheel it is completely out of character for me to do as i was almost killed as a passenger by my ex drunk driving, i have no previous convictions I went to bed in my friends house and next thing I am found on the side of the road I do not know why, i had taken alot of pain medication that day as i had a hospital surgery pending, i realise i can't do anything until my urine returns, is it possible that as i suffer daily from pain from my last car crash that i could be just formally warned?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Have you received my question? please can you acknowledge that you have I am very sick with anxiety thank you so much
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

No unfortunately not, If your samples show an alcohol readings above the allowable limit, you will be charged. It cannot be dealt with simply giving you a warning. There may potentially be a defense to your case once you have received all the evidence. However if found guilty, you will be looking at a mandatory period of disqualification from driving and a fine