Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My apartment management company is demanding 10 euros copy

Customer Question

My apartment management company is demanding 10 euros for a copy of the register of members quoting s 216 and 217 of the Companies Act 2014- can they do this?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. I regret to say that it is perfectly lawful for your management company to charge you 10 euros for a copy of the Register of Members of your apartment company. This sum is the maximum allowable under section 217. However, it is lawful for them to do so. There is no exemption in the Companies Act, 2014, for persons who may be a member themselves to get a copy of the Register of Members free of charge. Everyone may be charged if the company so wishes. So I regret to say you will have to pay if you want it, as the charge is allowed under the Companies Act, 2014.