Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

My 16 year old was with some friends one night and drink was

Customer Question

Hi my 16 year old was with some friends one night and drink was taken. He damaged a car in his drunkeness. The owner of the car then proceeded to grab my son and banged his head off of a wall. Since then he is complaining of headaches even though there was no major cuts or lesions on his head. We have a witness to what happened too. What should I do.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

Bring him to a Doctor first of all, find out what the cause of headaches are? Has your son been charged with criminal damage at this point? Has the other party been charged with assault?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was cautioned and put on the juvenile program as it's his first time in trouble. The other party has not been charged with assault as of yet. The party that assaulted him is now texting him on facebook looking for money saying he will come to our house and get him. I reported the messages to the garda
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

I note the content above. What exactly is your query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the man keeps harassing my son what can I do. Can I push the assault charge to keep him away. He called to the house last night demanding money with another man.
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

You can have him seek to have him charge under section 10 of the Non fatal Offences Against the Person Act 1997. This relates to the offence of harassment.