Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Buachill, here,I have lived with my family .now in our home

Customer Question

Hi Buachill,Mary here,I have lived with my family for 20yrs.now in our home whick has a passageway leading from the side of our house stright up to a field belonging to a farmer,who lives over a mile away.
when we took down our fence and went ao rebuild it ,the farmer took out an injuction proventing this.Stating we wrer proventing him from checking his cattle.
Unsure of our legal position.Any advice,thanks Mary.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****, can you better explain the situation. Who owns the land over which this passageway leads? Where was your fence? How much along the mile of the passageway did it run? How did taking the fence down prevent this man check on his cattle? On what basis did the farmer get the injunction? Courts don't grant injunctions generally for "checking cattle".