How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10411
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I met an american woman on line we met and reluntailey i bought

This answer was rated:

i met an american woman on line we met and reluntailey i bought her an ingagment ring
we never discussed getting married ,she moved to ireland we dident get on well
after after ten months she got pregnant ,and after a month she left has she aney claim other than maintance for the child
1. Under Irish law, you would have to have been living together for two years in order that this lady acquired rights in addition to the right of maintenance of her child. Here, as you only spent 10 months together, the terms of the 2010 Civil Partnership & Right of Cohabitants Act does not apply to you both. However, I would advise you to get some advice about US law, as this lady might seek an order in the US and then seek to enforce that order in the Irish courts. She is not limited to solely applying in Ireland, as she will probably rear the child in the US. So you should seek advice on the law of the US state in which she resides with the child as this is the other legal system which might apply.
Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you