Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My brother has been refused to be given a gnib card and

Customer Question

Hi there, my brother has been refused to be given a gnib card and provide further evidence. because he paid half of the college fees instead of full payment. Is this under the guidelines? He also brought his wife with him and she is also being refused to be given a visa to stay.
Further details: my brother was studying in the same college CIT in a level 8 course last year and after completion he applied for a level 9 course which is master degree. Last year he paid the fees half which is not less than 6000 euros. Then this year he was asked by gnib officer to pay the fees in full. and provide evidence of having at least 3000 euros in his account which he did have. As fas as I know when renewing a gnib card you dont have to provide evidence to have 3000 euros which is stated in page 7 in the guidelines for degree programme students (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Guidelines%20for%20Degree%20Programme%20Students.pdf/Files/Guidelines%20for%20Degree%20Programme%20Students.pdf).
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message + Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Can you better explain the situation. Of what country is your brother a national? Did he show access to 7,000 euros or just 3,000 euros? How much were full fees? How much did he pay? Can you also explain what what course he is doing at Master's level? Can you also explain how his Master's course is not listed with the GNIB office?

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Does your brother require a visa for Ireland? What is the financial situation of his wife? Is she earning money? Can she support herself in Ireland?