Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I think I have missed a summons by registered post.What should

Customer Question

I think I have missed a summons by registered post.
What should I do
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to legally know where I stand in relation to court attendence or is there action I am required to take?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. A Summons is not served if you did not receive the registered letter enclosing the Summons. So you do not have any legal obligation to enter an Appearance until you have been served. Nor do you have any obligation to appear in court until you have been served. If you wish to know if proceedings have been issued, you can simply check in the court office for the relevant court and see if proceedings have been issued. For example, you can check in the High Court Central Office if it is high Court proceedings. There is a computer available to the public where it can be simply checked. However, your role in the proceedings as Defendant does not begin until you have been served.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how exactly do i check the circuit court lists
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2.To check the Circuit Court lists attend at the offices of the Dublin Circuit Court in Aras Ui Dhalaigh in the Four Courts complex in Dublin and you will be able to search the computer there. Alternatively, if you are outside Dublin attend at the offices of the County Registrar for the relevant circuit and you will be able to search the lists there.