Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I have been told a person has just bought Land in Southern Ireland and

Customer Question

I have been told a person has just bought Land in Southern Ireland and am wondering if there is a way I will be able to find out where the House/Land is?
All I have is a name.. and confirmation that they bought a house in Co Kerry withing the last month
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. You can search in the Property Registration Authority which is the equivalent to the Land Registry in England as it covers all the registered land in Ireland. They have a register of land owners searchable by name. You can search by county. Alternatively, you should employ an auctioneer in County Kerry to make discreet enquiries for you off other auctioneers or estate agents to see who dealt with this person. Everyone will remember a recent sale.