Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I have signed contract with closing date of 6th July.

Customer Question

I have signed contract for house with closing date of 6th July. Now vendor has not signed yet, vendor solicitor says they will sign in next few days. Can I pull out now cause they have not signed by 6th. Contract is invalid. They are really messing us about and I want to pull out as I don't believe that they will sign for another few weeks.
Thanks
Pat
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can withdraw at any stage up to when the vendor signs and delivers signed contracts. There is no binding contract in place until the contract is signed by both parties. You can immediately request the return of your deposit and advise you are no longer proceeding through your solicitor