Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I am a director in a irish ltd company and have 0 shares. is a share

Customer Question

i am a director in a irish ltd company and have 0 shares. is a share of profits mine as i have just being told that money should be mine cos i ame a director and as i am only employed for 20 hours in this company now my lone parent cut as they say profits of company are 50%mine that what i should live on . now as a result owner and other director of company with 100%share holder thinks as a result of this he will have to let me go where do i stand any help welcome thanks
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
No, you have no entitlement to shares the profits simply by virtue of the fact that you were a director. Only the shareholders are in titled to a portion of the profits.