John Quirke, Esq
John Quirke, Esq,
Experience:  Barrister at Law at Self Employed
26572685

I'm a Director of a limited company with a 50% shareholding

Customer Question

Hi. I'm a Director of a limited company with a 50% shareholding - the other Director also has a 50% shareholding. The partnership is not working and I'm wondering what my options are. Can you recommend a good solicitor in Dublin?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My partner wants to dissolve. There are no assets in the company apart from a bank account. All web domains are in my name and not the company - I am the registrant. We have about 30,000 like on facebook which is valuable. However, while I created the facebook pages (I am the super admin), as far as I know Facebook is the owner and the other director could ask facebook to shut these sites down? Is the other director able to do this despite the fact that the facebook pages point to domains I own?
Expert:  John Quirke, Esq replied 1 year ago.
More Information is required to give you a definitive answer, and to outline all options available to you.In respect of the Facebook query, I would have thought that if you or both of you set up the site, it would at least require your consent to shut the sites downhowever this question requires an examination of Facebook terms and conditions. As you can see I am a barrister and therefore cannot take instructions directly. I can however put you in touch with an appropriate solicitor who may be able to assist you further.My number is(###) ###-#### ***** cannot take instructions but can advise on appropriate solicitor to deal with your request. I hope this is of some assistance to you. Kind Regards ***** ***** P.S. please rate my response. Many thanks.