Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I had an agreement with my neighbour regarding removal of a

Customer Question

Agreement with neighbour regarding removal of a hedge & which had overgrown and erection of a fence has turned bad. Early last year my neighbour proposed removal / replacement of the back garden hedge but I had stated that I wouldn't have the funds for some time. Then in Deceember I offered the following possibility. Which was Agreed at the time; I offered to remove the hedge / roots at my cost and for them to replace it with a fence on the boundary line. I was to contribute a small sum to the build - by sharing cost of digging the foundation (€75). now it seems this agreement was a "misunderstanding" and they are looking for me to cover half the costs of the (now built) fence. I only agreed to proceed on the assumption that there were to cover the building of the fence. costs involved from my side were about 600. final cost is not yet given on their side but will be high at €2000+. They also ruled out for possibility of accounting for removal of the hedge as part of the project.

Category: Republic of Ireland Law