How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2226
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a detached house and my gable wall forms part of

Customer Question

I live in a detached house and my gable wall forms part of my neighbour's side passage. My neighbour is covering in part of their side passage with a wooden structure. The wooden structure will be 5mm from my gable wall and as such will limit my access to the guttering that runs along my gable wall and also my ability to maintain the gable wall. Is my neighbour entitled to build such a structure?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
If it doesn't encroach on to your property and it is not a structure which requires planning permission, then, yes he is