Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Parent died intestate, house and contents sold as part of estate

Customer Question

Parent died intestate, house and contents sold as part of estate divided between siblings but some of the contents were my property - have I right to be compensated?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The estate has been divided but I have received no compensation for my property having been sold to the house buyers. I was neither consulted nor given advance warning to remove my property and as a result have lost my property. Administrator was made aware well in advance of the sale, both verbally and in writing that my property was in the house and is deemed to have offered the items as part of the sale. I am out of pocket as a result.
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
It is open to you to sue the estate to make restitution in relation to your lost property if you so wish. You would have difficulty realising any money once you obtained judgement as the proceeds of sale have already been distributed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant read all of your reply as an ad keeps popping up in front of it
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure why that is happening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its the 'additional service' offer ad/window. It is covering your reply. I'm not paying $50 to see the rest of it. I've already paid $30 and cant read your answer.
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
I ll send it to administrators as I have no control over site