Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I would like to kow what is the result of not appearing to

Customer Question

I would like to kow what is the result of not appearing to a district court for sumons
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. The usual course a District Court Judge adopts if a person does not appear to a Summons is that a bench warrant is issued compelling the person to attend the next time the Court sits in that town. This means that the Gardai will attend at a person's home and formally arrest them to attend at the next District Court sittings if the person will not agree voluntarily with the Garda to attend at the next sittings. It is easier to appear the first time and face the music. However, there is always the possibility that the case might be overlooked. However, this rarely happens.