Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Last november my boyfriend was stopped by garda for

Customer Question

Last november my boyfriend was stopped by garda for passing a red light (the light was changing). He was driving because i was with my period and wasn't feeling well. The insurance wasn't in his name and he didn't have his drivers license. I received, in my house, a summons for him to go to court (tomorrow). They only have his first and last name. What would the consequences for not showing up to court be? Would it show on his criminal record (he works at ghe airport)? How much would the fine be? Thank you
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I was in the car with him. Furthermore he hasn't presented his drivers license at the garda station and it's not an irish drivers license.
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
He will be disqualified from driving for 2 years at least. He will receive fines some where in the region of €1000 to €1,500.
There is also the possibility that a bench warrant maybe issued for his arrest if Jude is not prepared to deal with it in his absence