Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years

Hi my boyfriend got caught for sale and supply of drugs he

Hi my boyfriend got caught for sale and supply of drugs he was convicted in 2010 with a 600€ fine and a 6month sentence suspended for one year. We are planning on going to Florida aug 2014 will this affect him going.
Yes it will, it will be a factor in considering whether he is granted a visa or not. He has a drugs conviction and they request that they disclose this on your visa application. It may not necessarily preclude his visa but will certainly have an adverse affect on it.

If you are simply going on a holiday, he should be able to secure a holiday visa without too much difficulty
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks I've been trying to get through to the American embassay but no luck applying for a visa. It's only going to be a holiday for 10 days and he wasn't to jail so hopefully hel get a visa. Thanks for your answer