Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

hi my ex recently left ireland to go to austraila with our

hi my ex recently left ireland to go to austraila with our six year old girl i had no say in this whatsoever as i have never seen my daughter but i do pay maintenance evry week as it is a court order. so i would just like to know if this maintenance order still stands as she is no longer in ireland and i am/

thank you

Darren

Buachaill :

1. I regret to say that the maintenance order still stands and can be enforced against you in Ireland. Just because the child is now living in a different jurisdiction does not mean that the maintenance order ceases to have effect. In law a parent has an absolute duty to maintain their child until that child is 18. Just because the child is living in a different country, such as Australia, does not mean that the duty ceases. Accordingly, the maintenance order still stands and you can still have it enforced against you.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively

Customer:

Thank you very much for you're reply