Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I was driving home from work on the MI Motorway on Wednesday

I was driving home from work on the MI Motorway on Wednesday evening 20/08/2013. I took exit 6 to Balbriggan where I "thought" I saw a sign saying Garda Checkpoint, the sign actually read Garda Diversion, what distracted me was the fact there was a "civilian" car had stopped at the entrance to exit 6 therefore I assumed wrongly it was a checkpoint and slowed down, the Gard said I was not paying attention and have now been issued with a "Driving without due care and attention" Summons, is this slightly heavy handed by the Gardai and what will be the outcome?
It would seem quite ridiculous unless you were causing a danger on the road. You are certainly entitled to challenge this before the court. You can engage a solicitor and run the case before the court, if you feel their is no merit to Garda s claim