Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

a neighbour has falsely registered a non existing house complete

Customer Question

a neighbour has falsely registered a non existing house complete with right of way
on their land registry folio.

What can I do to remedy this
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. CAn you better explain the situation. Why would a neighbour register a house on their land? Are they seeking to rely on an "existing dwelling" in order to get planning permission? Essentially, the land Registry (now known as the Property Registration Authority) have control over the Land Registry plan map attached to the folio. How was this plan map altered? Essentially, the Land Registry have power to re-alter the Plan map so it accords with reality. Nowadays this plan map is backed up by aerial photographic records which show the position on the ground, so if you point out that the plan map is not correct, it can be quickly checked.

JACUSTOMER-9lfcthbb- :

It appears that the owners of the land in question used plannig documentation to falsify additional

Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.
2. Dearest Malachy, You have rated this "Poor Service" even before I have had a chance to Answer your Question. As it stands, your Question makes no sense without some background information. You still haven't provided any background information. You can either decide to provide that background information as I requested in my initial post, or you can remain ignorant of your rights and your remedies. So, which is it going to be????