Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

Health & Safety Construction Regulation question: What course

Health & Safety Construction Regulation question: What course of action would you recommend to a client who has failed to notify the HSA of their intention to carry out development works as required by legislation.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Fran

I wish to continue waiting for an answer to my question.

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
1. Essentially, I would advise the client to cure his breach immediately by applying for the necessary authorisation and then cease works until the necessary period of notice has elapsed and the relevant authorisation has been obtained from the HSA. The client should be aware that he will probably escape with a warning if he pleads human error and seeks to make amends. However, if the works continue without any authorisation ever being obtained, then a prosecution might accrue. This will impact negatively on any other works the client may wish to carry out. Not getting the necessary authorisation from the HSA is not the worst offence in the world, but if a developer "bulls on ahead", then the HSA will make an example of him.
Please RATE the Answer positively
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience