Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

my husband has defrauded Social Welfare out of nearly 5years

my husband has defrauded Social Welfare out of nearly 5years of jobseekers allowance.At this moment in time we are waiting for a visit from the inspectors to assese us. He is a very frightened man at the moment even threating to commit suicide, as despite our solicitor telling him that if we can get the money together which we owe(around50,000EURO)he stands a chance of not going to prison. The situation now is that he has, printed in the front of his mind PRISON and that's where i'm going. The trouble is he has run away and I haven't seen him since Sunday afternoon. He is a very quite man and does suffer with his nerves. What am I to do?
If you are concerned about him, you should reported him as a missing person to the Gardai straight away and advise them of the threats he has made regarding suicide. If he has fails to show for his next court appearance without some kind of explanation, it is very likely that a bench warrant will issue for his arrest