Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years

estimate on the solicitor cost of probate.

I need an estimate on the solicitor cost of probate. Situation as follows: Mother and father deceased. 2 beneficieries son (me) & doughter. Wills were entirely to each other with no additional clauses therefor no will. The estate is as follows: 1 house, 3 bank accounts, no land or other assets, minor liabilities (funeral bill, credit card) no known complications or disputes. Question: what is the minimum and average range of solicitor costs, including the sale of the house for probate of this estate? (ex vat) house already valued at 200,000

Extracting a letter of administration in the estate will be apporximately €3000-€4000 plus VAT and outlay
Conveyance of the property will be around €1,500.00 plus VAT.

You should ask solicitors to give you an all in figure for both matters
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I assume the 1,500 for house conveyancing is in addition to the 3000 - 4000 for admin of estate?

Yes, apologises if that was unclear.

However you should ask the solicitor to give you one total figure for doing both jobs. It is open to you to bargain with them