Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

Dear Sir, Is it possible for me to use my maiden name as first

Dear Sir,
Is it possible for me to use my maiden name as first time passport applicant after getting my naturalisation in my married name? all of my documents bear my maiden name i.e. work papers, bank statements et al. I used my married name in my naturalisation application because my philippine passport +/- visas where in my married name. Thank you.

Buachaill :

1. yes, it is possible to apply for your passport in your maiden name if that is the name you use. However, you will need to show the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service INIS that this is your real name, as there will be a question as to the difference between the names. However, by law, you can call yourself by the name on your Birth Certificate in Ireland. This sort of issue is very common nowadays as many women in Ireland are reverting to using their maiden name for all matters connected with their work or with their lifestyle choice. The law in Ireland facilitates this usage.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid