Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

I live in Co Meath and have a horse-drawn carriage,drawn by

I live in Co Meath and have a horse-drawn carriage,drawn by either 1,2 or 4 horses.Mostly this is a hobby,but I do some commercial business and am fully insured.Are there any legal restrictions to my activities?

Buachaill :

1. There are no legal restrictions on owning a horse drawn carriage, provided you obey the laws of the land, pay tax on your earnings and obey the rules of the road. There are no legal restrictions on this type of activities as formerly it was common for everyone to drive a horse drawn carriage. So no legal restrictions were imposed. People were free to do what they wanted. Nowadays, although less common, the law has not intervened in this area. What law is in this area relates to proper treatment of horses, the rules of the road, taxation and provisions against cruelty to animals.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid