Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I was arrested 8 years ago in Dublin for shoplifting, but never

I was arrested 8 years ago in Dublin for shoplifting, but never got any letter to go to court or hear about it again.
I have now moved to the UK and stated working as a massage therapist. I needed to get a liability insurance and I did declare I had no prosecutions pending, but now I think I may still have this one pending? Is it possible. If so do I have any possibility to dismiss it and do not be affected by it in terms of getting insured?
Thanks
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Fran.

Nobody has replied yet, I had no answers at all. I Would like to keep waiting

Thanks

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Eva,

Thank you. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Fran

Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
It is most unlikely that it is pending at this stage and you are not on notice of it in any event so you can stated with utmost good faith as far as you are aware there is no prosecution pending

Even if it were pending, you could make an application to have the matter dismissed for delay on part of the state in prosecuting it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ronan

Thanks for your reply. Could you please tell me a bit more about this application to have the matter dismissed. Is it something I can do by myself or do I need to hire a solicitor, where to I apply and how....?

Thank you for your time and help

Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
You d first of all need to be charged with something. As far as you know you are not. The application can be made if this charge ever came before the court. You should definitely get a solicitor if the matter does come up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ronan.

What about the insurance, would I still be covered in case something happen before I get charged with something, in case that would ever comes up?

If I do get charge, then how can they find me since I have now move to the Uk? Then I will have something pending,wont I? even without knowing it

I am thinking of applying for a view of my records, will it show up if is there something pending against me? In any case they will have a prove of my new address.

Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you ll still be covered until your convicted in fact.

If they charge you, they have to find you and notify you of it.

No your records, won t show anything because you haven t been charged.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So how can I know if I have a prosecution pending or not?

Is there anything I can do about it before comes to court?( in case it ever comes to court? or just wait and see what happens

Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
You can contact the Gardai to see if there is a summons or warrant for you if you wish!!!!
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience: B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years