Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

I would like to set up an environmental group and would like

Customer Question

I would like to set up an environmental group and would like to invite other organisations to have a representative sit on the board. The group would involve training volunteers to deal with issues and to maintain that training via class room and exercises. Can you suggest the best way to start the process? I have already got insurance for the group but would now like to set up a structure and register a name and logo.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.
1. Incorporate a limited company, register the name you want as the company name and trademark it. Then start trading. Any logo which is designed will attract copyright & design rights. However, it will be the designer who will own these with you only holding a licence to the logo and design, unless you purchase all rights from the outset. I would not suggest that the members of these other groups sit on your board unless you want to cede stewardship of the organisation/limited company to another group of people other than yourself. There is no rocket science to it. Simply go ahead and do it.
Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had requested detailed advice on how to set up an environmental group, I thought a barrister would supply clear advice and road map, not simply a broad 'go ahead and do it' answer. Should have known better than expect anything from an internet site.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.
Well, the very best of luck to you!