How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10355
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question relates to Irish Building Control Regulations. Having

This answer was rated:

My question relates to Irish Building Control Regulations.
Having regard to current Building Control Regulations are there instances or circumstances whereby develoment or works assessed to require a Fire Safety Certificate may not require a Disability Access Certificate or conversely, where development or works assessed to require a DAC may not require a FSC?
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Fran
Thank you for your message. I can confirm that i haven't, as yet received an answer to my question & that I am happy to continue waiting.
Thanks for the prompt reply. We will search for a professional for you.
1. At the outset, the regimes in relation to disability and fire are separate regimes in Ireland. Accordingly, there are many instances where a DAC may be required in relation to a building but not a Fire Safety Certificate (FSC). It just depends on the requirements of the building. For example an industrial building such as a warehouse will not require a DAC but will require a FSC. So the two regimes are different. However, where human habitation is concerned, there will be substantial overlap and each separate regime will apply with its own flaws and advantages.
2. You should also realise that qualitatively there are important differences between the two regimes. Disability requires a building to have regard to people who are disabled, so issues such as access & parking and widened doors & toilets are important. Fire raises issues of egress from buildings in times of emergencies and doors and walls which prevent the fire spreading throughout a building. So the issues each relate to are very different.
Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid
Buachaill, Lawyer
Satisfied Customers: 10355
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience
Buachaill and 2 other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Republic of Ireland Law Questions