Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

HelloId like to raffled my house on the internet, from a

I'd like to raffled my house on the internet, from a .com or web site (which I understand is within international cyber law rather than local domestic Irish law). I'm willing to include a small charitable donation, which would allow the raffle element to comply with local guidelines but I understand these guidelines also put a ceiling on what can be raffled in value in one lot, which is why I'm interested in internet only and avoiding the local application. The process could be managed automatically through an internet site, and fully documented with a third party, my solicitor possibly being involved in the draw.

Alternatively there's another proposal, that the consumer would buy something of value for 50 euro, and would receive at the same time a free raffle ticket for the house, it would be known that the whole process was supporting the raffle of course. In both situations the raffle would continue until all tickets were sold ,whenever that might be.

I'd be grateful for your input
thank you
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Fran, I've received no other answer from elsewhere, so I'm still waiting

on your assistance please

Thanks, Mary,

I will search for a legal professional for you.
1. Hello Mary, the second idea of purchasing an item for say €50 with a raffle being included is a much better idea. This is because the Irish Gaming & Lotteries Act applies to any lottery operating within the State. Accordingly, even if you only sell one lottery ticket within Ireland you have to conform to the Irish legislation. Accordingly, merely having a .com or website does not absolve you from the requirements of Irish lotteries law. You still need to conform to it. Accordingly, the second idea is a better one as it accords with Irish law and it does not matter that you are selling tickets in Ireland. I assume that there is an irish house at issue, so it is likely that the Irish Revenue will be involved at some stage even if only at the time of transfer of the house to the lucky winner. So you should conform to Irish Gaming & lotteries legislation.
Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience