cmcsolicitor
cmcsolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  and Mediator practicing in Cork, Ireland.
71807589

Type your question I fell from the stand in my factory but

Type your question I fell from the stand in my factory but I kept working because of inspection in the factory.so I took few pain killers and kept working. after 2 days I felt so much pain in my back and went to hospital. Which gives me rest for 2 days. Now I have sore back all the time .after that week I went on maternity leave but when I came back things were changed. they suspended the factory manager. they ask me to work in a different area as I was working as a production supervisor then they change me to lairage which is a dirty area in the factory then they force me to work under the guys which I trained on that job. they just didn't stop this they start picking up small little things to make stress and start giving me disciplinary letter for little things. now I am suffering with the heart attack in hospital and wont be able to work for a while and company refuse to pay. i cant afford all the medicine. can I still claim now against my employer.here.

cmcsolicitor :

It does appear from what you say that you may have a number of claims against your employer. 1. It is not clear from what you say whether your employer was to blame in some way for the fact that you were injured at work. This will depend

cmcsolicitor :

..on whether the safety procedures (training etc) and protections (harness or barrier to stop you falling) were in order. Also it will depend on whether your employer knew that you had fallen - perhaps they should have sent you to the doctor straight away. If you obtain a medical report that states that you were injured as a result of the fall, and if the fall is to some extent the fdault fo your employer, then you would have a personal injury claim.

cmcsolicitor :

2. It also appears to em very likely indeed that you may have a claim under the Equality acts. This is because your employer is not allowed to punish you for going on maternity leave by demoting you when you get back to work.

cmcsolicitor :

3. You may also have a claim for bullying, and possibly for stress-related injury that you have experienced as a result of that.

cmcsolicitor :

You should certainly go to see a solicitor (or ask one to come to see you). Based on what you say, you should be able to get a solicitor to take your case without you having to pay much cash up front. Instead, the solicitor would get paid if you win your case.

cmcsolicitor :

You should act fast as there are time limits within which you have to take these actions and the sooner you get the ball rolling the better.

cmcsolicitor :

I hope that this was helpful and I wish you a good recovery.