Fran-mod
Fran-mod,

Dear Madam/Sir!My name isXXXXX am a customer

Customer Question

Dear Madam/Sir!

My name isXXXXX am a customer of Airtricity Ireland. One and half years ago i switched form ESB to Airtricity because the better prices. From the beginning i payed by direct debit because they offered more discount. Once they taken off same bill, i cancelled the direct debit, and since i paying online through my Airtricity account. I not allow any action on my account! The Airtricity requires from me to pay €300 security deposit what i do not want to pay. Also they constantly threatened me by text messages. My opinion is that they have no right to require paying security deposit. My reasons are:
1, They did not give me any equipment, installation or mounting.
2, They operate under limited company like a provider, and they are not finance company.
3, Every finance company under regulation of the Central Bank of Ireland and have licence issued by Central Bank of Ireland.
4,They have right like a provider to collect money only for their services.
5, They have right to deny services if a customer does not paid, but they have no right to collect many from customers under any circumstances and use it for short or long term interest free.
If they have 500.000 customer who are not pay by direct debit, that is €150.000.000 what they can use interest free. If anyone goes to any bank, will not get interest free money.
If they want money from me in addition to paying for their services, they have to pay interest!
6, Finally, they have no right to force anybody to sign up for direct debit, and to allow any action on the account, and punish with "security deposit" those customers who are do not want to accept direct debit!

Please answer me that these assumptions are correct or not.

Sincerely: Laszlo Csala
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
Airtricity are a private entity. They can sell their electricity anyway they see fit. You are under no obligations to contract with them for electricity and can go to another provider if you so wish. If you are not happy with their terms and conditions you can contract with somebody else and you are free to do this. They will lose your business but that is their perogative.

They don't propose to be a finance company and many different industries take security deposits. ie The renting of property, renting of cars, Utility companies such as Gas, Electricity, Refuse

Unfortunately, none of your arguments have any validity
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear XXXXX!

Thank You so much for answering!

Based on Your answer, if all electricity company requires "deposit", i can not get electricity service without i would give my money interest free for use them or without allowing their usage on my bank account.

Other option, i can set up a private limited company and require money for interest free use, or require allowance to take of money anytime from my customers bank account who are forced to use my service and anyone who does not allow it, i can exclude from a public service what not my property, but also i am only user, having a contract with the naional energy supply companies.

Is there some possibility to prevent or ward of this "open robbery"?

Many thanks: Laszlo

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Wendy!

Many thanks for Your answer! I would like to wait, i do not want to leave unresolved this thing. I hope You will find a suitable professional who able to find solution for this problem. If there is no possibility in the Irish legal system, if there is no regulations, this is an "open gate" to set up "provider companies" which are able to limit my right, or to get "free capital" without term.

Those are companies have right to require security deposit, which are made available for their customers equipments, installations, tools etc. which are represent value, and are their properties.

I hope that we will find solution soon.

Best regars:Laszlo Csala

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You Wendy!

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome!
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on a professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You Fran!

I am waiting.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome
Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.

Regards,
Wendy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Wendy!

I am sorry, and hope in the future will expand the number of experts and somebody can helps me.

Best Regards: Laszlo Csala