Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Good Morning, I took out a loan with Blue Cube Loans in 2008,

Customer Question

Good Morning, I took out a loan with Blue Cube Loans in 2008, however after missing some repayments, I completely forgot about it as I have not lived in teh country since March 2008. I went to transfer money 12 months and an error email was returned saying invalid account. The amount of the loan was for 5 thousand euros, are you able to advise me what you think may have happened to this loan as I have not heard anything in 4 years. Has the debt been written off or will an execution order be obtained against me?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 4 years ago.
Blue Cube loans are essentially a part of Permanent TSB so you should contact PTSB directly if you wish to pay this debt.

The statute of limitation in relation to these debt is 6 years. That is 6 years from the date of last payment or last acknowledgement of the debt in which the lender has to pursue it. After that it becomes statute barred and cannot be pursued.

Therefore it is still open to PTSB to issue proceedings and pursue the debt. However if you are outside the country, they may not been in a position to serve you with proceedings
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI Ronan, Thank you for getting back to me.

Another question, I will be entering the country for 2 weeks, is it possible for them to issue legal proceedings then as I will be in the country for 2 weeks, I took the loan out in March 2008 and I believe last payment was May 2008.

Thank you.

Michelle

Expert:  Ronan replied 4 years ago.
Yes it is possible but unlikely as how will they know you are in the country