How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Buachaill Your Own Question

Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I refer to a previous answer you gave re an outstanding debt.

Resolved Question:

I refer to a previous answer you gave re an outstanding debt. you said that the courts were piobneering a debt recovery service. i can find no sign of this at the debt owed to me is 2700 . i do not imagine it will be contested as they have never disputed the invoice and have paid half of it to date.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. There is a Small Claims online system on the website. Here is a link to it
However, it only applies to claims for less than €2000. As your claim is for €2,700, it does not apply to it.
Your course of action then is to have District Court proceedings issued to recover the debt. You can do this yourself or you can employ a solicitor to do so.
Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understand i can have district court proceedings issued, however how do i do this, and it is it common place or rare for an individual to issue proceedings. what steps must i take.


Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i also checked that link as i have other smaller debts owing and it says debts are excluded.


Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
2. It is not uncommon for a lay person to issue DC proceedings for the recovery of a debt because it is commercially un-viable to hire a solicitor to do this work. There are precedents in the back of the District Court Rules which are on the website. copy a summons here and get it issued. Alternatively and much more practical, you should go to your local District court office and speak to the District Court or County Registrar or someone who is helpful and get yourself a precedent which you can copy. then simply copy what is there and get it issued yourself. Keep in contact with this official and get further help from him or her to guide you as proceedings go forward.
Please RATE THE Answer Positively so that I may get paid
Buachaill, Lawyer
Satisfied Customers: 8784
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience
Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
3. Debts arising from certain sources are covered. Read it again. Just not all debts are covered. I merely included the link so that you would know it was there but did NOT NOT apply to you.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther Woodstock, NY
  • Thank you so much for taking your time and knowledge to support my concerns. Not only did you answer my questions, you even took it a step further with replying with more pertinent information I needed to know. Robin Elkton, Maryland
  • He answered my question promptly and gave me accurate, detailed information. If all of your experts are half as good, you have a great thing going here. Diane Dallas, TX

Meet The Experts:

  • Buachaill


    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
< Last | Next >
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • cmcsolicitor's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    and Mediator practicing in Cork, Ireland.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • José M.'s Avatar

    José M.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Spanish Attorney
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK based Immigration Solicitor
  • Top_advisor's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor and Attorney