Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

A customer left in 2 items of clothing 1 1/2 - 2 years ago

Customer Question

A customer left in 2 items of clothing 1 1/2 - 2 years ago for repair she returned after 4 months and collected the said items which were shown to her satisfaction properly repaired . After 2-3 months she returned with one of the items and said it wasn't repaired properly and threw it on the counter and left without leaving her contact details another customer in the shop commented on her rudeness that day , she returned after 1 year to the shop to collect the item but it is no longer in the shop as we only hold items for 6 months , we have a sign up to this effect in plain sight now we do contact customers before disregarding items but this was impossible to do as we had no name or contact details for this customer , she now says that we stole her clothes and wants 60 euro to replace them the total job was only worth 7 euro to us , she sent us a letter 2 weeks ago and has sent 3 text messages 2 voice messages and got a friend to phone yesterday stateing she will be in monday to collect her money ,we feel harassed by her and dont know what to do ,the way we disregard items is covered by torts under the 1977 act what can we do when she comes on monday only 2 days time
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancil this question , I will have to go to my solocitor tomorrow morning but thank you for trying can i get a refund for this