Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years

Hello, I have a question regarding a speeding fine i got a

I have a question regarding a speeding fine i got a couple of months ago. I received the speeding fine in the post and to be honest I was expecting it. The day I went to pay the fine had gone just over the initial 28 day period and the fine had increased from 80 to 120 euro. I didn't have the money on me at the time so I said I would come back n pay the 120 at a later date. About a week later my son was born and with all that was going on I completely forgot about the fine and when I eventually remembered the 56 days allowed to pay the fine had elapsed. I now have a summons to appear in court in June.
I am not going to contest the fact I received the notice and accept the fact I was speeding, I will be pleading guilty. My question basically is just what sort of fine/point would be expected normally in a case of this nature?
Thank you in advance for your reply and I look forward to hearing back.
Depending on where you are in the country to he honest. However most judge's where a person pleads guilty and turns up for court will either leave the fine at the same amount of a €120.00 or increase slightly up to €160.00. (This is something that is inconsistent through the county however)

Unfortunately, you are caught with the 2 additional penalty points though.