Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

My husband bought a property in 2007 with a tracker mortgage.

My husband bought a property in 2007 with a tracker mortgage. Pretty much immediately he tried to put the mortgage in both his and my name but eventually, after all this time, the bank have said no, that it can't be in joint names. This is fine with us however we now fear that they are going to take us off the tracker mortgage because the agreement has changed. the delay is mostly our and our solicitors fault. what should we do?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean the agreement has changed??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi,

in 2007 we made a mortgage application in my husband's sole name, sole title initially, and that was approved. however prior to closing we asked in our local branch if we could put the mortgage in joint name and joint title, and they agreed but we didn't get it in writing.

on that basis we instructed our solicitor accordingly, but the head office subsequently rejected this. Although we are now prepared to do the mortgage in sole name and sole title, it seems like the head office believe the agreement has changed. I'm worried that the delay will allow them to argue this case.

Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
It hasn't changed. They refused to change it so the tracker mortgage your husband received is still the one under which you are operating. They may have been able to take you off tracker, had they agreed to a new loan offer but they didn't
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience: B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years