Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Children in primary schools are entitled to a minimum of 183

Customer Question

Children in primary schools are entitled to a minimum of 183 full days in education. There are many schools who are not providing this. Many schools close on a half day prior to Christmas, Easter, Summer holidays and even mid-term breaks. This is therefore reducing the educational days and times that our children are receiving. Can anything legally be done regarding this. I have phoned the Department of Education, they agreed this should not be occurring but stated I needed to bring this up with the BOM of the School. However I am anxious my child could received the brunt of this!
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wendy,

I will wait for an answer,thanks.

Mary

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, Mary. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting for the right professional to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I feel at this stage that as I did not get an answer to my question, I would like the question cancelled and my money refunded to me.

THANKS