Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years

hi there , my friend is working as a crew member on yatchts

hi there , my friend is working as a crew member on yatchts and he had 1 month vocation ,during that month something happened ( about his property ) and he really had to stay more .when he asked for extra days (and not get payed of course) the captains answer was negative ( he told him if u r not come back u ll get fired ). he decided to stay more finally ( his home is in canada and the boat in europe). now after 2 months they email him from the boat and asked him to send a resignation letter to them ( the boat ) and to the management company . he told me that before his vocation month they payed him 600 extra i dont know for what reason. if he is gonna send the resignation letter they may ask him to give that money back ? whats the best thing for him to do ? thank you.  and what is gonna happen if he is not gonna send the letter 

No he should not send a letter of resignation. From what you say, they have dealt with the matter very badly and your friends has grounds to make a claim for unfair dismissal. The company have not adhered to any disciplinary procedure which they are required to do by law. They have not furnished your friend with a disciplinary procedure which they are required to by law nor have they implemented it one in his dismissal
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so he should leave it alone or take any action ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and he allready found another job

It s totally a matter for himself but I would say he has a very legitimate claim. That said the quantum/value of his claim will not be as large since he found a job so quickly