Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years

Customer Question

Hi I have been employed for 10 years by the same company. I have never been giving a contract, written or verbal. Also I am paid alot less than other workers who are doing the exact same job as me, even though I have way more experienced. For example I am now 33 and am there over 10 years. A new guy started and has little to no experience and gets paid 100 euro a week more than me. Also I have been asked to fill in a time sheet that details every last minute of my working day, and I am the only person in the company that has been asked to do this. I was giving no warning to this, just told to do it on a monday, simple as that. I ws never told in any way what hours I should work ( so I do 9 to 5 ). On good friday, all other employees have the day off, but I am not allowed to do this. I feel like attne moment that I am being bullied in thework place and my everymove is being watched and it is very stressful. I am the lowest paid employee there and one of the most experienced but feel I am being asked to do way to much for the money I get paid. Any advice? Thanks. One other point. When my boss has a message for me, like the timesheet thing for example. He never tells me personally he just tells some other member of that to pass on the message. This can't be right?

Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!